By Ogboye Kayode, 12th August, 2025


News SOCIETY WATCH following for you ; The FG, De-Sadal Nigeria Limited, and China Liancai Petroleum Investment Holdings Limited are set to commence the construction of a $60 bn gas and 4,000-kilometre high-speed rail project in Nigeria.
This was disclosed when the consortium presented proof of funds to the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator George Akume, alongside the Ministers of Transportation, Sa’idu Alkali and State for Petroleum Resources (Gas), Ekperikpe Ekpo, among others, in Abuja on Tuesday.
Chief Executive Officer of De-Sadal Nigeria Limited, Samuel Uko, who spoke on behalf of the consortium, said the first phase of the project would cover four major cities in Nigeria, which are Lagos, Abuja, Kano, and Port Harcourt.

“Today, with our partners, I have just presented the official approval form for the project. The fund is coming from the Asian Development Investment Bank. And it is to cover the first phase of the project that cuts across four major cities in Nigeria.
The rail line is from Lagos to Abuja, to Kano, and from Abuja to Port Harcourt. So this is a very great work that the government have done. The federal government of Nigeria, through the ICRC, approved the outline business case. And the next step now was for us to submit the approval form to the government, which we have just done. So I believe in the shortest possible time, Nigeria will start enjoying a high-speed rail in Nigeria.”
While speaking on the amount involved, he said a total of $60bn had been approved for the project.
“Today, $60 billion approval fund has just been submitted to the government through our financial and technical partners. The first phase of the project is $55 billion. So the fund is ready, and the country is ready to move forward with this project, ” he added.”

























